Re: [Exim] Exim failing relay test :-(

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc Haber
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim failing relay test :-(
On Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:08:43 +0000 (GMT), you wrote:
>On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Marc Haber wrote:
>> The admin of the site the new machine will be hosted wanted to test
>> exam and managed to have it relay e-mail at the second attempt :-(
>
>> telnet q.bofh.de 25
>
>Presumably you did that from a host that is not supposed to be allowed
>to relay?

Absolutely. Only localhost is allowed to relay.

>> |250 <@plannet.de:a_haber@???> verified
>
>Set collapse_source_routes. In the next release of Exim, this is in fact
>forced and you can't change it. I have made this change for three reasons
>(a) the forthcoming RFC now says SHOULD instead of MAY and (b) people
>don't know or understand source routing and (c) abusers keep messing
>with it.

Good thought ;-) I hate the thought of allowing relaying in a default
configuration.

with collapse_source_routes set, exim reports "550 Unknown local part
a_haber in <a_haber@???>", which is fine ;-)

>In 3.03 what happens depends on your configuration. Is bofh.de a local
>domain? A relay_domain?

a local domain

>It will do the relay checking on bofh.de. All
>this is documented in section 40.4.

I see. btw, the HTML documentation doesn't have section numbers.

>> The admin also claimed that a@b@??? is a valid
>> e-mail address and exim is violating RfC here by rejecting the local
>> part a@b.
>
>Rubbish. Tell him to go read the RFC. a@b@??? is
>*syntactically* invalid. "a@??? is syntactically
>valid, but means localpart=a@b domain=localdomain.example.com.

I'll take a printed copy of RfC822 and throw it at my friend's head
;-)

Greetings
Marc