Re: [Exim] Exim failing relay test :-(

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Gyan Mathur
To: Phillips, Alan
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org', Patterson, Norman, gyan
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim failing relay test :-(
> > >    rcpt to: <user%hotmail.com@???>
> > >    250 <user%hotmail.com@???> verified

> > This @ and % business is really winding people up unnecessarily. Unless
> > you set percent_hack_domains somewhere - which is *not* recommended,
> > these characters in local parts are no different to any other characters
> > in local parts.
> >
> Yes for Exim; not necessarily true for downstream machines which we wanted to
> protect - sendmail does percent hack routing, I think?

But how will it get to a downstream machine? I can see that you are
running a mail hub which forwards the mail to other machines on your
campus depending on something or other. If the "something" is the
local part, then it will surely say that "user%hotmail.com" isn't a
valid local part and not forward it anywhere? Or do you forward the
mail based on some other criterion?

Gyan.