Re: [Exim] Exim failing relay test :-(

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Phillips, Alan
Cc: 'exim-users@exim.org', Patterson, Norman
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim failing relay test :-(
On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Phillips, Alan wrote:

>    rcpt to: <user%hotmail.com@???>
>    250 <user%hotmail.com@???> verified

> unix.lancs.ac.uk is a local machine not listed in local_domains

... so therefore all Exim can check is the domain unix.lancs.ac.uk. If
it cannot check that "user%hotmail.com" is an invalid local part, what
else can it do but pass the message on?

This @ and % business is really winding people up unnecessarily. Unless
you set percent_hack_domains somewhere - which is *not* recommended,
these characters in local parts are no different to any other characters
in local parts.

> So are we wrong in expecting that Exim can/will/should do this protection of
> downstream systems? We're going to hit a lot of political flak if it can't....

If you want to check valid local parts of downstream systems, then you
have to have the list of local parts available so that you can check
them. I think that is unassailable logic. :-)

If you simply want to do something crude such as ban all local parts
containing % and @ you could stuff in a verifying router such as

no_percent_or_at_ever_verifies:
driver = domainlist
verify_only
verify_fail
domains = *.lancs.ac.uk
local_parts = ^.*[%@]
route_list = *

That's off the top of my head. I haven't tested it. However, personally,
I don't see that it gains you very much except brownie points. It
doesn't stop mail to unknownuser@??? getting through.