Re: [Exim] Exim failing relay test :-(

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Exim failing relay test :-(
On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Marc Haber wrote:

> The admin of the site the new machine will be hosted wanted to test
> exam and managed to have it relay e-mail at the second attempt :-(

> telnet q.bofh.de 25

Presumably you did that from a host that is not supposed to be allowed
to relay?

> |250 <@plannet.de:a_haber@???> verified

Set collapse_source_routes. In the next release of Exim, this is in fact
forced and you can't change it. I have made this change for three reasons
(a) the forthcoming RFC now says SHOULD instead of MAY and (b) people
don't know or understand source routing and (c) abusers keep messing
with it.

In 3.03 what happens depends on your configuration. Is bofh.de a local
domain? A relay_domain? It will do the relay checking on bofh.de. All
this is documented in section 40.4.

Rubbish. Tell him to go read the RFC. a@b@??? is
*syntactically* invalid. "a@??? is syntactically
valid, but means localpart=a@b domain=localdomain.example.com.