Re: [Exim] Mail server connected via PPP ...

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Leonardo Fernandez
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Mail server connected via PPP ...
On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Leonardo Fernandez wrote:

>    Hello exim users, I work in an ISP and have a problem with some customer's
>  mail servers connected via PPP. My linux box running exim 3.03 is the

secondary MX for these customer's domains and is supposed to defer and
maintain in queue incoming messages for these domains when their mail
servers are not using their PPP connection.

[Your message contains lines longer than 80 characters.]

Exim isn't really designed for this kind of operation. See chapter 38
(Intermittently connected hosts).

> These are some of the errors
> extracted from the exim mainlog file concerning incoming messages for
> one of these servers:

> 1999-11-16 18:34:50 11nrBL-0004Fg-00 ** gcasado@???

R=lookuphost2 T=remote_smtp2: retry time not reached for any host after
a long failure period

>    As you can see for these two differents incoming messages they are

inmediately rejected and not deferred for later delivery.

That error message means exactly what it says. See FAQ Q0520 and chapter
31 about retries, especially the section on long-term failures.

<configuration extract snipped>

You did not include the retry configuration.