Re: [Exim] How big can a mail file be??

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
Para: Keith Pettit
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Assunto: Re: [Exim] How big can a mail file be??
Keith:

> I expect 5-10 thousand message. I basicall just need to have a way to count
> them and look at a couple of them to verify that they have the correct
> content. Any suggestion on what reader can do that??

Probably the easiest and quickest thing would be to just use grep.

Count your messages:
$ grep "^From " /var/spool/mail/reed | wc -l
213

Then use grep again to check for some particular content:

$ grep "keylabs" /var/spool/mail/reed | wc -l
      8

Jeremy C. Reed
(By the way, I write for KeyLab's BugNet.com.)