Re: [Exim] How big can a mail file be??

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
Para: Keith Pettit
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Asunto: Re: [Exim] How big can a mail file be??
On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 11:33:49AM -0700,
Keith Pettit <kpettit@???> is thought to have said:

> Now that I have it so every message will forward to one box I need to know
> how big that mail file can be and what I should read it with.

It depends on your OS. For example Solaris 2.5.1 and before have a max
file size of 2g. Solaris 2.6 and later have a limit in the terabyte range,
I believe.

> I expect 5-10 thousand message. I basicall just need to have a way to count
> them and look at a couple of them to verify that they have the correct
> content. Any suggestion on what reader can do that??

'grep "^From " filename | wc -l' to get a count (caveat: assumes mbox
format mailbox)

'more filename' to look at the first few pages of text to see if it makes
sense.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality