Re: login and mail (was: Re: [Exim] Replacing sendmail on RH…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Stuart Children
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: login and mail (was: Re: [Exim] Replacing sendmail on RH 6.0)
On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 15:23:37 -0500, Jim Knoble (jmknoble@???) wrote:

> A properly PAM-ified /bin/login ought to be able to use the pam_mail
> module, though---i have no idea if util-linux's login is so configured
> or not, nor if any other vendor's login is so configured. (See
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/ for info about PAM and Linux).

Yup, this is the answer. /var/spool/mail is the default for the pam_mail
module. Adding the following line to /etc/pam.d/login works just fine:

auth       optional     /lib/security/pam_mail.so dir=/var/spool/exim

This is fine for telnet, but not for ssh which does its own thing. To fix
the latter, put this line in /etc/environment:

MAIL=/var/spool/exim

and hey presto. :)

Riiiiight, now all that's sorted, I can change back to /var/spool/mail :)

Cheers for all the advice everyone,

- Stuart -