Re: [Exim] EXIM load test help

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: yann.golanski
A: Keith Pettit
Cc: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Asunto: Re: [Exim] EXIM load test help
Quoting Keith Pettit (Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 02:31:19PM -0700)
> I need to set up a box to revieve 5 - 10,000 e-mails within a 2 hour period
> for a test.
>
> My question is can exim on RH 6.1 64MG RAM PII 266 handle that?

Easly. The only thing you have to look out for is disk IO, which tend to
be the bottle neck with exim.

> Also what is the easiest way to tell exim to accept all message sent to the
> server? All of theses e-mails will be sent to different address and I don't
> want to make accounts for all these. From what I understand there is some
> sort of way to have it accept all e-mail and put it into one account, or
> something similar.

I don't see what you mean here... Surly, if there isn't an account, then
you cann't deliver mail to it?[1] If many addresses are maped to one
user, then maildir formate might be a better choice than mailbox.

[1] yes, I do know about aliases... do you mean `aliases'?
--
Yann Golanski                                  Internet Systems Developer
yann.golanski@???                    The Planet Online