Re: [Exim] problem after upgrading

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Pollywog
A: Mark Baker
Cc: exim-users list
Asunto: Re: [Exim] problem after upgrading
On 15-Nov-1999 Mark Baker wrote:

>> > If you've compiled Exim to use tcp wrappers, it will do so however you
>> > run it.
>>
>> Thanks, I thought that might be the problem. I will have to compile my
>> own,
>> instead of using a Debian package.
>
> No, because I'm about to take tcpwrappers back out of the debian package.
>
> I hadn't realised how nasty it would be for people upgrading (starting
> bouncing their mail, as it gives a 5xx code). I don't think that's
> acceptable.
>
> If I was producing the package for the first time now I'd include them.

I don't think it is a big problem. I just thought that in order to use TCP
wrappers, an application *had* to run from inetd. Perhaps some sort of
warning during installation would suffice, or better yet, in the README for
the package. The warnings during the installation process scroll past so
quickly that they are often not read.

--
Andrew

GnuPG Public KeyID: 0x48109681