Re: [Exim] Exim's handling of 452 rejections

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: Dave C.
Cc: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim's handling of 452 rejections
On Fri, Nov 12, 1999 at 10:48:32AM -0500,
Dave C. <djc@???> is thought to have said:

> Getting back to the original case of this, my personal beleief is that
> "user mailbox full" should result in a 5xx error anyway. If my user is
> trying to send mail to your user, and you have imposed a quota on your
> user, why the heck should *my* MTA have to serve as a queue for your
> over-quota user? Either say 5xx and let my user call yours on the phone
> to complain about it, or accept the thing and queue it on YOUR server
> until they clear out their mail.

Funny, I'd say the exact opposite. Being over quota is a transient error
and should be treated as such IMO.

The one thing that angered my users more than anything else was when I
had sendmail running (delivering with procmail) and it bouncing mail to
users that were over quota.

But I guess this is one of those religious issues that should be avoided.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality