Re: [Exim] syslog

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Chris Edwards
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] syslog
On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:

| Aha! I think I do. The answer is that you have "log_arguments" set,
| which causes Exim to start logging (i.e. open syslog) before this
| descriptor-closing that happens in the daemon.

Yeah - that's it - I've had log_arguments set for years!

[ never expected it to have side-effects... ]

| In my test I didn't have log_arguments set. Closing syslog before
| closing the descriptors presumably allows it to reopen then next time
| it logs something.

I think so - as I understand it the syslog() library function keeps a flag
to remember whether its connected or not. If its not connected, it opens
the log there and then. In my case, exim was closing the descriptor
behind its back.

Chris

|  Chris Edwards                                                            |
|  UNIX systems support                                                     |
|  Glasgow University Computing Service                                     |
|  +44 (0)141 330 4892                                                      |