[Exim] You may consider this a threat....

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] You may consider this a threat....
[One off administrivia - reply-to set off list]

I am getting a bit of list admin mail that implies someone is
attempting to hook the exim list and at least one other (unrelated)
mailing list together, presumably for the hilarious purpose of making a
mail loop.

I haven't put my mind to tracking this down as yet, although I have
sent mail to the other list site linked to date. However I would like
to think I am pretty good at mail tracing - I have done a lot of it on
big ISP configurations. If I end up having to put work in tracing this
I will then invest the additional time required to inform all involved
ISPs/Corporations/Universities to make the life of the originator as
miserable as possible. There would probably also be a reasonable case
under the UK Computer Misuse laws (and I was the main Planet contact
with the police computer crime units in my previous life).

So basically if someone wants to make trouble for the list, then I will
fight back. It ain't funny, it doesn't show you to be smart, and might
have further reaching effects than you expect.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]