Re: [Exim] exec of exim -Mc failed

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Markus Vögtli
Cc: Eximliste
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exec of exim -Mc failed
On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Markus Vögtli wrote:

> We use exim 3.03 on a solaris 2.6 host. The paniclog-file have a lot of
> "exec of exim -Mc failed" entries. What could be the reason of this
> messages ?
>
> Thanks for any clues on solving this problem.

Hmm. It really should output the error detail, shouldn't it? I'll fix
that one. Change the lines in daemon.c that read

        execv(argv[0], argv);
        log_write(0, LOG_PANIC_DIE, "exec of exim -Mc failed");

        execv(argv[0], argv);
        log_write(0, LOG_PANIC_DIE, "exec of exim -Mc failed: %s",
          strerror(errno));

"man execv" gives a list of possible reasons, but it would be nice to
know which it actually is!