著者: Philip Hazel
To: Jim Pazarena
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] problem kill -HUPing exim
On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Jim Pazarena wrote:

> Question... I was "root" when I installed exim, *why* didn't the
> "make install" routine set the exim binary owned by root? The setuid WAS
> set, but the owner was "mail".

The install script is supposed to do a chown. I wonder what went wrong?

> Question 2... I don't find anywhere in the docs &/or index references
> to _who_ must own _what_ (except the "configure" file). Can someone point
> me to it?
>
> Should "root" own them all?

I think it does say that the Exim binary must be setuid root (for most
installations). The configuration file is tied down, as you say. The
only other files that are checked are alias and forward files, for which
there are options (owners and owngroups).