Re: [Exim] problem kill -HUPing exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jim Pazarena
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] problem kill -HUPing exim
>Subject: Re: [Exim] problem kill -HUPing exim
>Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 17:28:08 +0200
>From: Vadim Vygonets <vadik@???>

 >Quoth Jim Pazarena on Wed, Nov 10, 1999:
 >> socket bind() to port 25 for address (any) failed:
 >>   Permission denied:  waiting before trying again
 >>  ...after the 10th attempt, I get
 >>                       daemon abandoned

>Is your Exim binary owned by root, and setuid? Don't laugh, it
>happened to me >1 times.

>Vadik.

BINGO. Many thanks.

Question... I was "root" when I installed exim, *why* didn't the
"make install" routine set the exim binary owned by root? The setuid WAS
set, but the owner was "mail".

Question 2... I don't find anywhere in the docs &/or index references
to _who_ must own _what_ (except the "configure" file). Can someone point
me to it?

Should "root" own them all?
--
Jim Pazarena    mailto:paz@qcislands.net