Re: [Exim] rewriting question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave Holland
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] rewriting question
On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 04:52:29PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> That won't work. The "S" flag applies only to addresses that arrive in
> SMTP commands, not to headers.

Ah, OK. From the docs I thought "S" just affected when the rewriting
was done. Any chance of explicitly mentioning out that "S" is only
useful for envelope addresses?

> You could set headers_check_syntax, and then it would reject these
> messages, making this Somebody Else's Problem. :-)

Given that the Groupwise server is also my responsibility, that
wouldn't actually gain me very much, but thank you for the pointer! :-)

> Other than that, the only thing would be to run an expensive transport
> filter on outgoing messages and fix them up by hand.

That's pretty nasty, but not infeasible given that the box typically
handles less than 1000 messages per day. I think this is the approach
I'll have to take.

> I'm afraid I've
> made so many concessions in Exim for accommodating software that can't
> cope that my sympathy is running low...

I can understand that!

Thanks for your (extremely fast) reply.

Dave
--
      Dave Holland       |      Disclaimer: Use of this advanced computer
     Systems Manager     |       technology does not imply an endorsement