Re: [Exim] Exim PPP localhost mailing problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Astro D. Boy
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim PPP localhost mailing problem
On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Astro D. Boy wrote:

> I am running Exim version 3.03 #1 built 04-Aug-1999. My
> problems stem from local mail delivery. Whenever I try to send mail to
> user@localhost, exim seems to strip the localhost and replace it with the
> remotehost-- making it user@???.

What do you really mean here? Do you do "mail user@localhost" or do you
actually mean "mail user" without any mention of a host name?

Exim is designed as an Internet mailer. Internally it requires that all
addresses consist of localpart@domain. It does not (as some mailers do)
operate with unqualified local parts. Therefore, if a local process
passes it an address with no domain, it immediately qualifies it with
the value of qualify_domain. You could, if you wanted to, set

qualify_domain = localhost

and then arrange appropriate directing for local delivery of such
addresses.