Re: [Exim] Exim PPP localhost mailing problem

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim PPP localhost mailing problem
Quoth Astro D. Boy on Wed, Nov 10, 1999:
> I am running Exim version 3.03 #1 built 04-Aug-1999. My
> problems stem from local mail delivery. Whenever I try to send mail to
> user@localhost, exim seems to strip the localhost and replace it with the
> remotehost-- making it user@???.

What OS? Who wrote the exim config file? How did you install
it?

>     Because I am using PPP my domain name does not have an '.com,
> .net etc', so it is just 'hostname'.

It's bad practice to name your machine without a dot in the
hostname. Confuses lots of programs. Make it 'host.home' or
something.

> Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Look in the exim configuration file, search for 'localhost' and
'remotehost', and just read it.

Vadik.

--
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is
cursed.