Re: [Exim] Filter Efficiency

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Filter Efficiency
Quoth System Administrator on Sat, Nov 06, 1999:
> Well done gentlemen!

GentlemAn. Philip Hazel wrote it almost all by himself.

> My question is regarding global or central filtering. How efficient is
> it? Does anyone have any stats to share?

Should not be too inefficient, I think, but I've got no stats.

> I'm looking at a box that will shortly handle about 100,000 deliveries/day
> and about 3-4Gb/day.

Should not be a problem, I think.

> I'd like to reject certain obvious spams that we
> happen to see a lot of here (eg: certain X-Mailer contents, friend@public
> in the to: header, etc). I know it probably depends a lot on the filter
> itself, but let's say it just performs a couple of dozen header content
> checks and that's all.

We have such filter running. Look at configuration sample F001
and mail Ephraim Silverberg <ephraim@???> (I'm out) for
the latest version. This thing intercepts lots of spam.

Vadik.

--
Real software engineers don't debug programs, they verify correctness.
This process doesn't necessarily involve execution of anything on a