[Exim] very basic DSN

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Alan Thew
Para: Exim List
Asunto: [Exim] very basic DSN
Before DSN, there was a basic system used by some products that
generated errors in the following format:

--> Error description:
Error-for:  kataringa.hakansson@???
Error-Code: 3
Error-Text: Mailer mailgw.swip.net said:
            "553 <kataringa.hakansson@???>... There is no user
kataringa.hakansson in domain swipnet.se."

Error-End: One error reported.

This is great for dealing with bounces to Lsoft's LISTSERV. Has anyone
any idea where the specs might be for this or even better tried to
implement this?

It was used on some VMS products I believe.

If everyone is sick of discussing DSN, feel free to mail me directly
and I will summarise.

--
Alan Thew                                       alan.thew@???
Computing Services,University of Liverpool      Fax: +44 151 794-4442