Re: [Exim] DSN in Exim

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Vladimir Litovka
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] DSN in Exim
Vadim Vygonets <vadik@???> wrote:

> How do you imagine DSN working? When you send message to
> exim-users, say, who should return DSN where? Possible answers
> include:
>
> 1. Every recipient's MTA to you.  Bad, because you should not
>    know who is subscribed to the list.

[ ... ]
> 3. exim.org MTA to you. Useless, isn't it?

There is only answer: DSN must be returned, when Exim has passed message
to non-SMTP transport (appendfile, for example, or pipe - and it's no
matter, what pipe does with this message, it is matter that message has
left SMTP "zone"). So, if exim.org uses external mailing list manager,
which receives messages from pipe, then DSN must be returned by exim.org's
MTA to me. If exim.org uses aliases for passing message to recipients,
then DSN must be returned by every recipient's MTA to me.

Don't think about man's mailbox :-) The sender only and nobody else must
think, what is he doing. And, of course, not author of program.

> 3. exim.org MTA to you. Useless, isn't it?

In this exact case - yes, quite useless. But every time, when I'm using
DSN, I know, what I want: I want to receive notification, that message was
successfully _delivered_ to recipient's mailbox.

--
Vladimir Litovka <doka@???>
. Phone/Fax: +380 44 2351511