Re: [Exim] RBL reject, format of error message

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Anand Buddhdev
A: Frank Elsner
Cc: exim-users, Robert Bittl
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RBL reject, format of error message
On Fri, Oct 29, 1999 at 12:20:38PM +0200, Frank Elsner wrote:

> When exim refuses a mail due to an entry in (one of) the RBLs the error message
> shows up with "Subject: Returned mail: User unknown" which is not correct.
> The user is well known, the delivery is not done due to the "real" reason given
> in the "Transcript of session" which the "normal" user doesn't read/understand
> in detail.
>
> Cound the subject be made more precise in this case and the text placed in the
> error mail be changed in a way that the "normal" user can understand it ?

If I understand right, the error message you are talking about is the
error sent by the remote mailer to the remote sender, when _your_ exim
refuses mail from them. Then the remote MTA will generate a bounce error
message for its sender, and you have no control over that message.

--
See complete headers for more info