Re: [Exim] Mailing list rejection problem

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Lee Shakespeare
Para: exim-users list
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Mailing list rejection problem
Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> Quoth Lee Shakespeare on Thu, Oct 28, 1999:
> > 500 Command unrecognized: "\001\001\b"
>
> Look at the spool files with some decent editor (vi, emacs) or
> viewer (less) and look for binary characters.

The problem is catching it. I only get the bounced messaged when the
delivery has failed, by which time the spool is empty. I'll move the
problem email address to the top of the list and see if that gives me
enough time to catch the message.

I don't think that there are any binary characters in my copy of the
email that bounced, but I'll check it next time as you suggest.

> > Both the above examples were sent from the same person, using the same
> > MUA via the same relay (Netscape for WinNT via Sendmail).
>
> You don't want to know how NT can mangle two copies of the same
> mail sent to the same host.

Having been forced to spend the last two weeks working with Exchange,
nothing would surprise me :( However in this case, email which has
bounced has been sent from a number of combinations of Outlook Express
and Netscape on a number of platforms (Win9x / WinNT / Mac). The only
commonality is Exim 3.03 compiled on the Linux Redhat 6.0 box, and
Sendmail on the Sun machine at the destination.

> What version of Sendmail, BTW?

For the relay from the MUA to Exim? A variety of versions I'm afraid,
from 8.7.5 to 8.9.3. <sigh> It's really odd.

Thanks for your help Vadim, and Philip. I'll persist with it for a
while and let you know what, or if anything turns up.

Regards,
Lee.

--
Lee Shakespeare : lee@???