Re: [Exim] intranet with dialup connection

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] intranet with dialup connection
Quoth Hans Matzen on Thu, Oct 28, 1999:
> I am working on another solution for our problem, that is using
> Vadims suggstion of rewriting using Fh, because this has some
> advantages, e.g. only headers which exists are rewritten.
> but as I tried this I ran in trouble with local messages, because
> some of the headers point to the world usable address
> (e.g. reply-to)

Yes, all of the headers. But when you actually try to use these
addresses (e.g., reply to a message) the envelope recipient
address in the new message should be rewritten to the correct
local recipient and delivered locally.

> but it should be possible to do a add/remove header for local
> messages as I suggested for the remote_smtp transport.

Yes, but removing and adding headers is not the way to go, IMO.
Rewriting headers seems more reasonable. As is using external
addresses for everything, under most circumstances.

> yep, i have heard others are in the same situation.

Exactly.

Vadik.

--
To err is human, to moo bovine.