Re: [Exim] Getting exim ver 1.82 to accept mail from host wi…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: Joe Hall
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Getting exim ver 1.82 to accept mail from host with underscores in the name
On Thu, Oct 28, 1999 at 09:01:43AM -0400,
Joe Hall <hallj@???> is thought to have said:

> I'm having problems with our mail server running exim 1.82. I can't find
> the setting to allow it to accept email from other mail server that have a
> "_" in the name. Here is an example error:
>
> rejected EHLO: syntactically invalid argument(s): astro_usmd02.astrolink.com
>
> I'm not very experienced in exim. It was installed and setup by an engineer
> that left the company.
>
> P.S. I understand that "_" in the dns name is not accepted in SMTP, but we
> want to allow it anyway since we have numerous companies sending us email
> that have "_" in the host names.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See the section in the spec on "HELO verification".

In particular see the helo_verify, helo_strict_syntax, and
helo_accept_junk_hosts options. (Philip, what are the differences between
helo_strict_syntax and helo_accept_junk_hosts)

Also you might want to consider updating your copy of exim as that version
is getting very long in the tooth.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality