Re: [Exim] intranet with dialup connection

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
CC: Hans Matzen
Temas novos: [Exim] Message-ID's
Asunto: Re: [Exim] intranet with dialup connection
(Cc:ed to Hans so he won't miss it)

Quoth tcurdt@??? on Thu, Oct 28, 1999:
> Well, that's what I said. It's also kinda messy ;-)
>
> But the error message bounces back to the valid world email
> address! Unfortunately group replies with mixed addresses
> (intern and extern) can not work correctly since the cc
> and bcc header cannot be changed this way.

Weird.  In your outgoing mail, you have the header:
      using "From" header

It seems to me that somewhere along the line someone paid
attention that the domain wg.de doesn't exist and rewritten the
envelope sender address with "From:" header. But I don't know
who it was or why. Philip, help!

BTW, I wouldn't name the domain wg.de if I were you -- you're
never sure when such domain appears. Better use something like
"wg.local".

> Well, I can't wait to check out a new solution! :-)

Hans Matzen proposed a good solution. Please read his message
from 27 October entitled "Re: [Exim] add/remove header" (Message-Id
<99102711035201.00357@HOST1> (Hans, you are a very very bad man,
fix your Message IDs)) and my reply (Message-Id
<19991027142658.E11119@???>).

In my opinion, it'd be nice to rewrite envelope recipient exactly
as Hans said, but to rewrite all headers with envelope sender
(i.e., use "Fh" instead of "F" in his first rewriting rule).

If we arrive to a good solution, it would surely be worth to put
in the FAQ. I never needed such setup -- my home machines don't
deliver mail locally, although they do some sort of funky
rewriting there. Although there are funkier configs.

Vadik.

--
The ill-formed Orange
Fails to satisfy the eye: