Re: [Exim] intranet with dialup connection

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: tcurdt
A: Vadim Vygonets
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] intranet with dialup connection
On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Vadim Vygonets wrote:
> Quoth tcurdt@??? on Tue, Oct 26, 1999:
> > remote_smtp:
> >   driver = smtp
> >   remove_headers = "From"
> >   add_headers = "From: ${lookup{$sender_address_local_part}\
> >     lsearch{/etc/exim/remote_smtp_from_rewrite}{$value}{$sender_address}}"

> > and option "queue_remote_domains = *" in the global config.
>
> What happens with the Envelope sender address? If the mail
> bounces, who gets the error message? What happens if your
> message gets delivered to recipients both in your local domain
> and in remote domains, and the "remote" recipient tries to do
> group reply? Except all this stuff, you have a problem with the
> case where the Envelope sender is different from the "From:"
> header, because you use the envelope sender to decide on the
> value of the new "From:".

Well, that's what I said. It's also kinda messy ;-)

But the error message bounces back to the valid world email
address! Unfortunately group replies with mixed addresses
(intern and extern) can not work correctly since the cc
and bcc header cannot be changed this way.

> > remote_smtp_from_rewrite look like:
> > misterx        someonevalid@???
> > mistery        someonevalid@???

> In this case, my solution (using external addresses everywhere)
> is not good enough. I should think of something better.

Well, I can't wait to check out a new solution! :-)
--
Torsten