[Exim] It works but is anonymous

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Leonardo Boselli
Para: Philip Hazel, exim-users
CC: exim-users
Temas antigos: Re: [Exim] Auth Cram_MD5 config files looked for ...
Asunto: [Exim] It works but is anonymous
Sorry for late testing but it works perfectly (0640 group mail) !!!!
However I tested whith 3.031 ...
someone wrote that the problem was fixed on 3.05 ... Am I wrong ?
Only problem I find is that i would like to have an
added so one can know what was the user that sent the mail
(Without it you can be sure that no extraneous user can use your
server to relay, but not WHO is the user that actually sent a piece
of mail . It is this that i wish to have !!!)
On 27 Aug 99, at 11:12, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
> > So I thought of another option:
> > Every user  should be able to put a file in his /home/directory
> > called .ASMTPsecret with access 0600 ( or 0640 group mail ? )
> It will have to be accessible by the exim user, because that is what
> Exim is running as when receiving an SMTP call.
> > If I have understand this would require:
> > server_secret =
> > ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/home/$1/.ASMTPsecret}{$value}fail}
> > having for example
> > /home/leo/.ASMTPsecret containing
> > leo:SeCrEt
> > Am I right ?
> Yes, provided you can get the file access to work.

Leonardo Boselli
nucleo informatico e telematico
Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile
Universita` di Firenze