Re: [Exim] rewriting

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Nikolaus Filus
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] rewriting
On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Nikolaus Filus wrote:

> >However, there is no such variable as $delivery. You cannot test a
> >message for "local delivery" as it may have many recipients, some of
>
> What a pitty - I just tested it out by myself :(
>
> >which are local and some of which are not. Rewriting applies to the
> >whole message, and is done once, on arrival, before any consideration of
> >how the message is to be delivered.
>
> Assume I have either only local adresses or extern adresses, is there really
> no chance to test for the router, director or protocol? I tried also
> $received_protocol and want to combine it with $receipents_count in the next
> time ...

I repeat: Rewriting applies to the whole message, and is done once, on
arrival, before any consideration of how the message is to be delivered.

It hasn't looked at the addresses, and it doesn't know anything about
delivery at the time of message reception, which is when rewriting
happens. Reception and delivery are two entirely separated things.

The routers and directors are run during delivery, which happens much
later.

If you want to do the rewriting yourself at delivery time, you can run a
transport filter on your external transport.

Government Policy: If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.