Re: [Exim] intranet with dialup connection

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] intranet with dialup connection
Quoth tcurdt@??? on Tue, Oct 26, 1999:
> remote_smtp:
>   driver = smtp
>   remove_headers = "From"
>   add_headers = "From: ${lookup{$sender_address_local_part}\
>     lsearch{/etc/exim/remote_smtp_from_rewrite}{$value}{$sender_address}}"

> and option "queue_remote_domains = *" in the global config.

What happens with the Envelope sender address? If the mail
bounces, who gets the error message? What happens if your
message gets delivered to recipients both in your local domain
and in remote domains, and the "remote" recipient tries to do
group reply? Except all this stuff, you have a problem with the
case where the Envelope sender is different from the "From:"
header, because you use the envelope sender to decide on the
value of the new "From:".

> remote_smtp_from_rewrite look like:
> misterx        someonevalid@???
> mistery        someonevalid@???

In this case, my solution (using external addresses everywhere)
is not good enough. I should think of something better.

Vadik.

--
Strange Fruit.  A brilliant way to describe
somebody hanging from a tree...