Re: [Exim] add/remove header

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Hans Matzen
Para: exim-users
CC: Philip Hazel
Asunto: Re: [Exim] add/remove header
Am Mon, 25 Okt 1999 schrieb Philip Hazel:

> > I have got a local network which is connected only via ppp to the
> > internet.
> > well, if a local user sends mail to a list of users, some of
> > them local and some of them remote, either the local or the remote
> > users got wrong addresses in there mail header.
>
> This is a consequence of not using proper world-usable addresses all the
> time. It causes a huge amount of effort. I'm afraid I'm not very
> sympathetic to the idea of using different local and remote addresses. I
> don't see the point of doing it.

I am afraid but I am not sure if I got what you meant. I have a
local network which is not permanently connected to the internet.
every time i connect to the internet i get a new ip-address and a
new hostname...imagine some users got valid world-usable
addresses and if they send mail to a mixture of local and remote
recipients the headers do not fit for local use or remote use.
"use" means that all header fields are filled correctly and the
recipient can easily click on the reply button to get the wright
address...as i am informed the from aaa@aaa line is used from
mta's to send error messages isnt it ?.

how can i use world usable
addresses in a domain called e.g. blaaa.fasel.de and ip addresses
from 10.0.1.0 to 10.0.1.255 ? i do not think, i should call my
domain a real valid domain-name since i do not own the name and
the corresponding ip. but as i said i probably did not get your
suggestion right.

> > what i want is: rewrite everey local addresses in the header
> > concerning the originator of the mail
> > if the mail is remote and dont if its not.
>
> See FAQ Q1003.

i have read the faq before but was not satisfied that such an
excellent program like exim can not do what sendmail does.

hans