Re: [Exim] add/remove header

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Vadim Vygonets
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] add/remove header
Quoth Hans Matzen on Sun, Oct 24, 1999:
> I have got a local network which is connected only via ppp to the
> internet.
> well, if a local user sends mail to a list of users, some of
> them local and some of them remote, either the local or the remote
> users got wrong addresses in there mail header.
> e.g. an error report would be sent to the local address which is
> not valid outside my domain or if I do a global rewriting to the
> remote address would be sent to the remote address which doesnt
> make sense.

So you can just rewrite every envelope sender and header address
to the remote domain:

*@local.fasel    $1@???    Fh

And then rewrite (with either rewrite rule or smartuser) envelope
recipients to the local domain:

*@tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de    $1@???    T

This way, your users will see your remote domain, but the sdystem
will use the local domain for delivery.

Another option is just to add the remote domain to the list of
local domains.

Is there any difference between your remote domain and your local
domain? I.e., is every message sent to tm.informatik arrives to
your system and gets delivered as if it's local.fasel? If there
is any difference, you can do some different rewriting.

Vadik.

--
If you think C++ is not overly complicated, just what is a protected
abstract virtual base pure virtual private destructor, and when