Re: [Exim] Re: Cubic Circle RPM and source

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Anand Buddhdev
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Richard G. Duvall
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Re: Cubic Circle RPM and source
On Fri, Oct 22, 1999 at 04:44:07AM -0700, Richard G. Duvall wrote:

qmail is another MTA, a replacement for sendmail. I don't want to get
flamed on this list, so I won't say any more about it. You can find out
more about it on:

http://www.qmail.org

Because it can write to Maildirs, it comes with its own POP server
that supports Maildirs. It is definitely not the same as qpopper.
I gave up on qpopper a loooong time ago. It was causing intense
disk IO on my server, client sessions would often fail because of
stale locks. To be fair to it, I even tried to recompile it in
SERVER_MODE, where it doesn't copy the mail spool to a different
file. That was even worse - it led to corruption of the mailboxes.

I have even tried cucipop, but it was a pain to read its code, and
having worked with the modular qmail-popup/qmail-pop3d system, I
couldn't bring myself to use anything else.

--
See complete headers for more info