Re: [Exim] Re: Cubic Circle RPM and source

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Richard G. Duvall
A: Anand Buddhdev
Cc: Joel Rowbottom, Aricio Filho, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Cubic Circle RPM and source
Well, that's great! we are currenty running qpopper, but it runs REALLY
slow on a RAID 5 system with 256MB RAM, and 450Mhz pentium-II. We have
9,000 customers, and customers are complaining. Also, their mail often
won't unlock with qpopper. so, I am trying to move away from qpopper.
qpopper to me just looks like a program with alot of bells and whistles.
Kind of like a microsoft office program. The newer the program, the more
bells and whistles it has, but the slower it runs, and the more often it
hangs your system.

Only reason I choose cucipop is because I tried it without the v-pop and
it ran VERY fast. Disk IO was down to a minimum... Disk IO is our
biggest problem. But, it would be nice to address both issues.

Would like to do a RAID-10 (2 stripes mirrored), and put the exim-spool on
on it's own drive, and OS on another, then the RAID-10 for storing mail.
But, couldn't convince my boss to shell out the dough to buy such a thing.
So, I guess I will just have to program it...

Sincerely,

Richard G. Duvall