[Exim] MX domains not working?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Horne
A: Exim Users List
Asunto: [Exim] MX domains not working?
Hello,

It is a requirement here that for the mailhub to send mail to machines
within the University then they must have MX records - this gives us a simple
bit of control over who is running mail systems. Previously we included an
'mx_domains' option to a router which also had a condition that the address
was within our domain (i.e. the University of Plymouth). No problem.

I have now changed things a little and moved the 'mx_domains' to the smtp
transport that is used. However, mail is being sent to domains which do not
have MX records. Running 'exim -d11' shows it carrying out a DNS lookup of
MX records; finding none and then looking up the A record - which succeeeds.
But this is part of the routing process. It then queues the message for
the transport. It seems that setting mx_domains on the transport itself
doesn't do anything.

We have as the transport:
  plym_smtp:
    driver = smtp
    allow_localhost
    no_multi_domain
    hosts = $domain
    mx_domains = ! LOCAL_DOMAINS : ! cdb;TABLES/test-domains.cdb : *.PLYMOUTH
                 : *.PLYM_SHORT

(The machine in question is not a test-domain but is within '*.PLYMOUTH'.)

The router is:
  local_lookup:
    no_more
    domains = "*.PLYMOUTH:*.PLYM_SHORT:PLYMOUTH:PLYM_SHORT"
    driver = lookuphost
    self = reroute:PLYMOUTH
    transport = plym_smtp

As said, if I move the mx_domains to the router it all works well.

Any thoughts appreciated. We are using exim 3.03.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK             Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne@???
Finger for PGP key: john@???