[Exim] sender_verify

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Michael Stevens
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] sender_verify
Hi.
    I've just had the following problem with sender_verify:

I configure my system with 'sender_verify'.

Mail comes from a remote system with a MAIL FROM of paul@localhost
It reaches a local mail hub, and is turned into
paul@???
Hub sends the mail to be, I try to verify from addy, can't, because I
can't verify on the localhost, and reject the mail with a temporary
failure.
The hub waits a while and tries to resent.
And again.
And again.

I let this go for 3 days before disabling sender_verify and the mail
was delivered immediately. Now I'm using:
sender_try_verify
sender_verify
sender_verify_fixup

The exim versions are:
Exim version 2.05 #1 built 20-Jul-1999 15:32:45
(local)

Exim version 2.02 #1 built 14-Sep-1998 14:37:58
(mailhub)

I'm on postmaster for the domain, so if there were temporary delivery
failure messages being sent I would have expected to receive them, but
I got nothing.

What's puzzling me is why exim returns a temporary failure on
verifying localhost when it's something that exim will always refuse
to do, as far as I can tell.