Re: [Exim] Delivery optimization tips for large lists ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Galbavy
A: Pete Naylor
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Delivery optimization tips for large lists ?
On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 09:54:24PM -0700, Pete Naylor wrote:
> That's right - I hope nobody is silly enough to configure their DNS in the
> manner that you've just described. Really bad practice.

Your "bad practice" is someone elses de-facto standard. Sorry, but this
is true regardless of how undesirable you may find it.

> Just as it is broken on machines where the resolver does not properly deal
> with DNS round robin. Relying on this arrangement for redundancy is
> nothing short of foolish. Can you provide an example which somebody in
> their right mind might encounter?

Web sites (not mail) are a good example of using the DNS to spread
load. There are better solutions, but they cost much more money -
which can be a very limiting factor in the not so happily funded
academic and SME worlds.

> Is everything else in the Solaris install preconfigured to suit you?

The law of least astonishment ?

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy