Re: [Exim] Moving RH5.2 from sendmail to exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mark Bergsma
A: exim
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Moving RH5.2 from sendmail to exim
On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Patrick Kirk wrote:

> Getting rid of sendmail will save me a horrible learning curve. I assume
> the correct procedure will be:
>
> 1. Killall sendmail
> 2. rpm -Uvh exim-3.03-1.i386.rpm
> 3. rpm -Uvh exim-mon-3.03-1.386.rpm

> 4. rpm -r sendmail

this last step is not necessary, as the exim RPM obsoletes sendmail (thus,
by upgrading exim the sendmail package will get removed by rpm.) I assume,
btw, that you meant 'rpm -e', the erase package command.

> 5. run eximconfig or is this a Debian thing only?

I guess. At least there's no such thing in my RPM. If you can tell where
to get the source from, I may be able to include it.

Mark
--
mark@???

Linux 2.2.12 on an i586
7:33am up 11 days, 8:19, 2 users, load average: 0.20, 0.10, 0.03