[Exim] Occasional EOF_CMD lost connections

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Occasional EOF_CMD lost connections
Occasionally, one of our instances of exim-2.12 running on Digital Unix
OSF1 V4.0 generates a number of

"421 ... lost input connection" immediately after generating that
banner. A look at the source says that this happens when it gets
an EOF straight away.

There is no common pattern among the clients that this comes from. Some
are MS-Exchange servers, some are old sendmail servers, some are MUAs
(simeon mail). Everything will be running along just fine for months,
and then exim will start picking on a handful of hosts for this treatment,
and will continue for days to behave this way to those particular hosts.

Stoping and starting the listening daemon solves the problem for the next
few months.

This very much looks like on OS problem, but I haven't seen this with
anything other than SMTP, so I'm starting my query here.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814