Re: [Exim] Using more than one mail server

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Matthew Noble
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Using more than one mail server
On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Matthew Noble wrote:

> I use exim to post mail from my dialup account. Usually I will use my
> ntl account (vsmpt.dtn.ntl.com) for sending mail. Occasionally I will
> use a freeserve account to send mail (smtp.freeserve.net). The problem
> at the moment is that I cannot use the freeserve mail server when
> connected to ntl and vice versa.

Actually, since freeserve hijacks all out-going traffic to port 25, you
can run with just configuring your SMTP gateway as the ntl gateway.
However, the freeserve postmasters strongly discourage that activity, and
your mail might get delayed.

Cheers,

-j

PS: When posting to a mailing list, can you please not use
multipart/alternative, and just send text/plain instead. Also have the
text properly line wrapped.

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814