Re: [Exim] Delivery optimization tips for large lists ?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Pete Naylor
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Delivery optimization tips for large lists ?
On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> Pete Naylor <pete@???> probably said:
> > Perhaps nscd is working to your advantage.
>
> Not if they were machines that used my jumpstart configs to install :)
> nscd is evil for DNS caching and was turned off on most all of those
> machines.

I've encountered a number of people who feel strongly against nscd as you
are - generally it's because they assume it hasn't improved since SunOS
5.5. SunOS 5.7 has a partial resolver rewrite which allows for
concurrent DNS requests. Configured properly, nscd is a great tool.

--
 * Peter James Naylor ## SysAdmin, Supernal Technologies, Inc. *