Format of bounce messages [Was: [Exim] Everybody doesn't lik…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: Paul Makepeace
CC: exim-users
Temas antigos: Re: [Exim] Everybody doesn't like something ...
Asunto: Format of bounce messages [Was: [Exim] Everybody doesn't like something ...]
On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> Include:
>
>     + a message that explained the error (as happens now)

>     + M[UT]A-readable code that can be locale-rendered

>     + *additional* (i.e. not replacing) facility of a web-based customised
> and more detailed explanation that could either reference standard docs (say
> at exim.org) or on the sending server which would enable more precise
> diagnostics and all sorts of other interesting possibilities.

For some set of addresses (We've given our MBA students addresses for
life) I'll be setting up

address: :fail: No forwarding address known. See http://... for more info

And the URL will explain the policy. This more or less covers 1 and 3.
I would be intrigued to know what sort of standard system could be
developed which would allow something like this in your 2.

> (Just imagine: you could sell exim t-shirts as a link off the error pages ;-)

The one thing lacking from a nearly perfect course last month was
t-shirts!

Finally, I really think that this is the wrong place to discuss the evils
or virues of HTML email or multipart/alternative. I have very strong
opinions on the matter, but will refrain from expressing them in the hope
that we can squash that thread soon.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814