Re: [Exim] Everybody doesn't like something ...

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Everybody doesn't like something ...
Tomas Fasth <tomas@???> probably said:
> express something on her mind. If she feels like putting something in
> bold, visually, why shouldn't she be able to do that in an email?
> You seem to be against progress because you're stuck with ancient
> tools. It pisses you off when other netizens start using more
> sofisticated tools than you have yourself. Instead of embracing
> change, you fight it. You behave like a dinosaur (kind of).

You defined HTML in email as more sophisticated. I disagree, I call
it abuse. I can _express_ something in tone perfectly well in plain
text, and it doesn't increase the message size 400% (most of the
automagic html generators generate terrible html, I've seen 20 lines
of &nbsp; because they're trying to use HTML as a layout language not
a page description language) and I see something that takes that much
more to add bold as abuse and too much of it overloads my mail servers
causing me/the organisation to spend money upgrading them when it is
not actually needed.

You may disagree, but that doesn't make either of us ultimately right,
wrong or a dinosaur and your claiming otherwise is impressively
arrogant.

Either way, this is an MTA list, this is off topic and we were
discussing the presentation of error messages, where you have to take
everyone into account, including people with plain text mail readers
and intermittant connections who can't look at a random web page to
explain every bounce, so most of this is completely irrelevant.

P.

--
pir               pir@???      pir@???      pir@???