Re: [Exim] Everybody doesn't like something ...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Anand Buddhdev
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Everybody doesn't like something ...
On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Anand Buddhdev wrote:

> There is: RFC 1893 provides a set of codes which an MTA can use to
> indicate the type of bounce, regardless of the human language used to
> describe it.

(a) I had always assumed those were for use in SMTP responses, but I see
that there is no such limitation, and they could equally well be used
elsewhere.

(b) However, I am a bit wary of any explicit list of codes because it is
difficult to create such a list that caters for all circumstances in all
different MTAs.

Nevertheless, I will revisit this area fairly soon (see my next
message).