Re: [Exim] Everybody doesn't like something ...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tomas Fasth
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Michael Stevens, Nigel Metheringham, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Everybody doesn't like something ...
Philip Hazel wrote:

> Yes. People keep pressing me to do something about it, but I haven't
> quite managed to gird myself up yet. One of the problems is that the
> human readable text gets buried in a welter of machine-specific
> gobbledegook, which of course puts off humans from searching for it.

You have an option, as a MTA, while preparing a MIME conforming DSN,
put some text in front of first part delimiter, to make it easier for
non-MIME readers to spot human readable info. If a mail agent does
support MIME, and is aware of the DSN format, and know how to handle
it intelligently, it could present it nicely to the user, or hide it
in a status dialog.

The point is, once all MTAs does the same thing, presentation will
improve on MUAs as well.

<tomas/>