RE: [Exim] Everybody doesn't like something ...

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: Stanier, Alan M, 'a_stanier@hotmail.com', exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Everybody doesn't like something ...
On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Stanier, Alan M wrote:

> > A message that you sent was delivered to some, but not all, of its
> > recipients.
> > Those which failed were:
>
> Ah, but you can't say that! The other recipients might currently be
> deferred and will be tried again at a later time. At that time they
> might succeed or they might fail. Exim of course knows whether there are
> any deferred, so I guess it could tailor its working...

Far far too complicated. It would only make matters worse.

> Also, Exim doesn't actually know whether mail sent to a remote host has
> in fact been "delivered to a recipient". The best it can accurately say
> is "was delivered to a remote MTA".

Hmm. Just what we need. Transmission Status Notification. Yuck!
(though there are some times when I would like such a thing, I don't
want users to have it.)

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814