RE: [Exim] Everybody doesn't like something ...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Stanier, Alan M
CC: 'a_stanier@hotmail.com', exim-users
Betreff: RE: [Exim] Everybody doesn't like something ...
On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Stanier, Alan M wrote:

> I frequently get users asking me, when they get such errors, if the other
> recipients DID get the message. To me, the sentence is perfectly clear, but
> since there is this apparent confusion, could I muddy the waters with a vote
> for
>
> A message that you sent was delivered to some, but not all, of its
> recipients.
> Those which failed were:

Ah, but you can't say that! The other recipients might currently be
deferred and will be tried again at a later time. At that time they
might succeed or they might fail. Exim of course knows whether there are
any deferred, so I guess it could tailor its working...

Also, Exim doesn't actually know whether mail sent to a remote host has
in fact been "delivered to a recipient". The best it can accurately say
is "was delivered to a remote MTA".

Trying to think of some simple wording to explain all of that could be
tricky...