RE: [Exim] Exim Bulk Delivery Optimization?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Yi Liu
CC: exim-users
Assunto: RE: [Exim] Exim Bulk Delivery Optimization?
On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Yi Liu wrote:

> I'll keep qmail in mind as an option, but I am familiar with Exim by now and
> would rather not switch. Also, I have set up a local DNS server to cache
> requests but it still takes an enormous amount of time.

Exim does not route in parallel within a single message. It just isn't
designed this way. You really need to split up into lots of messages
with a moderate number of recipients in order to get routing
parallelism.[*]

> Any suggestions on
> how the routers might be best configured for this,

There is nothing you can do. Exim will route each address separately, in
a single process, i.e. serially. That's just the way it is designed.
With that many addresses is is going to use a lot of virtual memory too,
so it may be doing a lot of swapping. Have you got plenty of RAM and
swap space on your host?

[*] Yet another example of David Wheeler's principle that many problems
can be solved by adding an extra layer of indirection.