Re: [Exim] Strange idea...

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Tomas Fasth
Para: Vadim Vygonets
CC: exim-users, Mike Richardson
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Strange idea...
Vadim Vygonets wrote:
> Quoth Mike Richardson on Fri, Oct 01, 1999:
> > I'm considering writing mailing list/bulk mailer type software (legit
> > use only I hasten to add) and want to integrate it as closely to exim
> > as possible.
>
> I thought about writing a mailing list manager on top of exim
> (using lookups, databases, and other things), but exim wasn't
> really built with these things in mind and it lacks some
> features. Extraction of e-mail addresses from headers was not
> atomic, and there was some issue with splitting local part from
> the suffix. Maybe I'll get around to it one day. And then I'll
> need to ask Philip for favors.

Hm, I wonder, what is it you guys are missing in list software today
that is better solved by having something integrated with (or merged
into) Exim? I'm kind of curious, because I have had Mailman and Exim
teaming together for quite some time now, and I fail to see any
obvious reason for doing it differently. So please tell me, what is
your catch in this?

<tomas/>